Saturday, September 5, 2009

Opinions please!

Well, I haven't gotten much sewing done so far. I have been rewatching the entire Gilmore Girls series with Hannah at night lately. Today my inlaws came over and spent the day and we had a nice relaxing day just sitting, chatting, playing badminton and of course...LOTS of eating! When everyone left, I finally got up into the sewing room. I started a new quilt top that I am not even sure what the name is. I saw it once and I am trying my best to make it like I remember it. Course, I am usually lucky if I can remember what my own name is. I love how the pattern is turning out, but I am not sure if I like one of the fabrics. I am making this mostly scrappy...the neutral backgrounds, the light rings and the dark rings are all scrap fabric. I wanted to have some constant in this, so I am using a darker blue and a pattern that has a lighter background but the same blue in the pattern ( I know it is hard to see that pattern in the pic). I thought if I made those areas scrappy, I would lose the rings. I like the darker blue, but I am not sure about the other one. What do you think? I really want to keep working on this, but don't want to make any more blocks until I decide. Oh..and can you see the pattern of the interlocking rings? The pattern that I am trying to recall was done in only 5 fabrics, so I am not sure scrapping this up is going to work. Any opinions welcomed!!

5 comments:

  1. I can totally see the interlocking rings! I think that keeping the blue and other neutral a constant in all the blocks is a good idea. It really makes the rings stand out. It is a very striking configuration!! keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jill - if the blue and neutral are constant, the rings will pop, even if they are lighter in color. It's hard to tell with just a few blocks like you have, but I think you will see it! And what a great scrap buster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see the darker rings, have a problem with the lighter ones, but I definitely think you want to keep the blue and neutral as a constant. I say keep going if you're happy with it...change it up a little if you aren't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great, I love the blue and beige as constant fabrics to tie it together. The rings stand out great in your pictures. I would keep going but its always a hard call no matter how good the pictures are. I like to lay blocks on the back of my couch, turn and walk away. Then once across the room turn around and look and most often I find I love what I see once at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! The blue really stands out and the other scrappy fabrics look great too!

    ReplyDelete