Sunday, November 21, 2010

Whirly girls

I made some good progress yesterday and think I will get yesterday's list all completed today. Here is the wallhanging I completed yesterday. It is from the book, Pinwheel Party by Ellen Paul. At last weekend's Cobbled Court Quilt Circle retreat, we all brought batik strips to share to make tote bags with. I chose not to make the bag because I know I will ruin it and I wanted to have a keepsake from the weekend. So, I made this top there after cutting down the strips and sandwiched and quilted it yesterday. I named it Whirly Girls as it reminds me of whirly gigs but is a reminder of all my new girl friends!!



I also got the binding all done on the Christmas tree skirt. It is being modeled outside by "the Fred". "The Fred" is a Silver Maple tree that Joe brought home from school as a teensy, tiny twig when he was in 1st grade. He is a senior now! We also had "the Ethel" which Hannah brought home the next year, but our dog ate her lol. As you can see, "the Fred" is a tad big to be modeling the skirt, but he begged and pleaded, so we gave in:



The center of the Chunky churndash is all done..will be trying out borders and getting them on today and hopefully will also get the Christmas ornament table runner sandwiched and quilted today. Then, on to making the list of what I want to get done the rest of the week. Yay..I LOVE lists and crossing things off of them!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow - you are such a whiz getting things completed, adn they are always beautifully done. Do you ever sleep? I can't imagine that I will ever get as fast as you. SandraJ-SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes. I love the whirlygig quilt. What a great idea for a reminder

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy lady. I love the tree skirt and Fred looks fabulous in it. :) The whirlygig quilt will be a nice momento from your weekend get together. Great idea. I ruin fabric purses and tote bags also, no matter how hard I try not to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Whirly Girls quilt - you make it sound so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love,love that quilt Maureen. I am going to have to think of what pattern to do with my strips-maybe a bowtie if I can figure out the measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree skirt looks great, well done on that. I love your whirlygiggles quilt, it will make a lovely memento of the weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Whirly Girls - great use of the batiks. I have not decided what to do with mine.
    Happy Turkey Day!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete