Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finally a Finish!!

Yay! I finished quilting my Chunky Churndash quilt today. The pattern is a Bonnie Hunter one. I had to overcome a few obstacles completing this one. First was myself. I just couldn't get motivated. When I finally did, problem #2 were my helpers:
I usually have to deal with one of the cats checking out my new quilts, but this time TWO of them claimed it..and I mean claimed it! They just would not leave this one alone. Finally, I was able to get them to move long enough for me to finish the quilt up and here it is:
And because my girls get jealous when we use their coop for pics and don't include them IN the pics, here we go:
And the prima donna who didn't want to just be one of the crowd:
Tonight I will handstitch the binding down and I can finally give this to my son, Tom....who has waited since Nov 2010 for this quilt!!

7 comments:

  1. Your Chunky Churndash is lovely! What a gentle blend of colors - both quiet and colorful. It sure is a keeper!

    Dang those little furry helpers - what's with them???

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats love quilts which makes it hard when I am trying to work on one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, and I'm sure your son thinks it was worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for a fine finish! I love the way the blue and cream colors balance out the scrappiness and give your quilt nice unity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think chunky churn dash is one of my favorite BH patterns. I want to make another one -- but not yet. Good job of the finish and look at those struttin' chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Now the chickens will also want that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your quilt is really pretty. You use color so well. Know what you mean about so many ideas twirling in yor head you can't settle on a project. When I get like that I make potholders! Take old tryout blocks and just start sewing...which gets me wanting to sew and I'm back to sewing daily.

    ReplyDelete