Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday

Well, I haven't gotten any sewing done this weekend so far. Joe and Hannah spent Friday at their big brother's (Tom) place, then came home for an hour or two before their brother in law, Greg, picked them up to spend the night at their big sister's (Jess) place. So, for the majority of the weekend it has been only Tom, Patrick and me. Saturday morning my friend Pam and I went out to the fabric store and got the material I needed to make the final block in the Safe Haven quilt top. I am so excited! We did great and only purchased a few extra odds and ends. She bought a fall fabric she had to have and I bought a little pack of 30's prints. Lordy I love the 30's fabrics! No intent on doing anything with them yet...just collecting them. I spent Saturday afternoon making a killer pot of chili with jalapeno corn bread and cutting up my scraps. I am ALMOST done with that project!!! Just one more small plastic grocery bag full of scraps and that is it. What an undertaking. It is great to see all those pieces all ready to go!
We are off to the state fair today to walk around and see what there is to see. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

1 comment: