Friday, December 28, 2012

Double Trouble

That's the name of this wallhanging that I made for my daughter and son in law, Jess and Greg. The pattern is by Gail Stalley. I modified the cats to look like their cats and they just LOVED it! With the pre holiday preparations, that is really the only thing that I worked on the past month. Finding any sewing time was hard to do! I am now off until New Year's Day, and have grand plans on getting some things finished. Yesterday I finished all the machine applique on my Starry Nights in Winter top and got the backing pieced and it is all sandwiched and ready to quilt.
In this pic, the applique is just pinned and fused down. Hoping to get it quilted and done tomorrow. Not sure what is next on my list. I have 3 or 4 quilts all ready for backings to be pieced and to be sandwiched. I have LOTS more tops in various stages to be worked on. I always have the urge at this time of year to get more finishes on my list before the New Year, do you feel that, too??? Today is a sewing date with Shellie and Judy and I have no idea what I am going to work on. I am going to try to be good and NOT start anything new, but hey...ya never know!!!! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful holiday season and I will post pics of the sew date later!!!

5 comments:

  1. I spent the past month sewing, since my husband has a four day weekend, I'll be spending it cleaning and getting my house back in order! I love your wallhanging! I'm going to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pattern. Its good to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this-I remember when you bought it or showed it to me at least. Like Sandra-glad to see you blogging again. Sorry I missed out on a sewing day but will try to get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete