Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tackling something new and scared to death!

Alright..in just a few minutes, I am going to tackle my first attempt at free motion quilting and I am scared to death! I've been practicing away on a scrap sammich, but the thought of starting on a real quilt is nerve wracking!! I'm sure it'll be fine..sheesh..even if I do it horribly, what's the worst that can happen? I'm going to be doing it to Hannah's Loopy Over You top and I know she won't know the difference (or care)if it's not how it is supposed to be. I can remember feeling like this when I did Tom's sampler quilt in March..that was the first time I machine quilted at all! Alright...enough procrastinating. Say a prayer for me...and the quilt! lol

4 comments:

  1. So how did you do? Remember to breathe! Put some music on that has a nice rhythm to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I still have yet to get beyond just some outlining on applique - not a whole quilt. Can't wait to hear how you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do great! I haven't seen anything that you have done yet that wasn't perfect. 'Sides from that, I don't think you can mess up a meander or stipple very bad. When I mess something up free motion quilting, I chalk it up to character in the quilt...right along with my seams that rarely match. I can't wait to see- as always, your work will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it. Just relax

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete