Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pennies from Heaven is done!

Here it is hanging at Cafe SewCiety. I will be teaching this pattern there as a block of the month starting in October. The pattern is by Gretchen Gibbons. This was the first time I've worked with wool and I couldn't believe how easy it was!!!! About a year ago, my friend Patrice gifted me with some projects that she didn't want to finish. Included in that were 6 blocks from a block of the month. She also gave me some more of the fabrics that went with them. I dug them out and since they were red, white and blue, and since Patrice's daughter is in the military, I decided they should go into a Quilts of Valor quilt. When Shellie came back last weekend to sew with me, I finished making a few more blocks and got the top put together: It feels so good to finally be making some progress on some projects! It sure is motivating! Hope you have gotten some finishes lately and here's to hoping for many more for both of us!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your Pennies quilt is beautiful - hope you get lots of takers for block of the month!

    ReplyDelete