Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mill Girls

Well, I finished the top for Cafe Sewciety. I just LOVE this quilt!!! It made me go outside my normal limits and I love that! I have never done mitred corners before or fussy cut a fabric for a border. Both were fun and a whole lot easier than I thought!! It's a big quilt, too....98" x 98". If you are interested in this BOM, just contact Judy at the link above. She will be more than happy to help you out!!!
And btw..the center is all pieced. I had a few people ask me if that was a panel, but it's not. I am really going to try to be good and finish something else up before I start something new. Let's see how long that lasts!!! lol Today we are having a low key picnic for the holiday, so I doubt any sewing will be going on. That's okay....family, friends, good food and drinks are more than a wonderful substitute!!

5 comments:

  1. That is just DDG - drop dead gorgeous! The middle wouldn't be too much of a problem but all the squares en point. Are they 10" squares? I am in awe. Really like the colors. Reds are my favorites and this is just perfect balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught myself to miter corners. I've taught both of my guilds, now, too. Easy and fun. Lovely quilt you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The setting for the quilt has a complicated look. Well done.

    ReplyDelete