Saturday, October 2, 2010

Autumn Star table topper done

I finished up the table topper today..well, other than the hand sewing of the binding which will get done tonight while I watch tv. I had fun quilting this one. I quilted in the ditch around all the components, meandered in the open tan parts and I even made my first free motion feathers on this! LOL..I know..you can't see them...all part of my plan. I knew they would turn out horribly, being the first, so I made them in the black borders with dark brown thread. Up close and personal you can see them, but they don't pop out at you or ruin the entire look. Definitely a fun trial! I will definitely be making more feathers..and maybe some day where you can actually see them!



I didn't get as much sewing done as I would have liked (housework did get in the way), but I am happy with this. We are going out to supper tonight with some good friends and then maybe some sewing later on. Hope you all had a restful, blessed Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Great table topper, and I don't blame you about the feathers - the first time I did them I used black thread on a black paisley so it was totally lost, which was a good thing...then I went and bought a DVD on free motion feathers (which I have yet to watch!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be perfect for fall decorating. I haven't tried free motion quilting but hope to soon. I probably won't post a picture of mine though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. I love the design and the fabrics and colours. Is it looking for a good home? (giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt.
    Well done on having a go at feathers. They aren't as scary as they seem are they?

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete