Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ventilated Undies and a Finish!!

It started off as an ordinary day. I was getting ready for work and getting dressed and made the discovery that would make my mother turn over in her grave. I reached into my undies drawer. Grabbed a pair, started to put them on and found out that this pair was ventilated. Yup..you got it..big old hole in'em. Hmm..put them aside and pull out the next pair. Yup..the same. Took me forever to find a pair that I didn't have to worry about getting into a car accident in. How did almost every pair of undies I own end up with holes in them all at the same time?? I am pretty sure I haven't been walking around in holey undies. I think I might have noticed that. However, when I thought about it, I swear every so often I go through this. Go along fine as usual and then one day..WHAM..they all have holes. Same goes for my socks and my jammies. How can someone who considers herself kinda handy with a needle and thread have so many holey items?? This is why:

The only sewing I do lately is my quilting!! I finished handquilting my mini quilt!! Woohooo! This is the first project I have EVER finished hand quilting!! I know, I know..it is only 20" x 20", but it is a quilt, nonetheless!!
Here is a pic of the stitches and a quarter to show the size of the blocks:

Last but not least, a pic of the back:

I did these baptist fans free hand, and I wish I had chalked them on first, but it was a fun experiment. This quilt is going to be gifted to friends that we love having dinner with and discussing God with. Hope they like it!
So, another finish to cross of my list of things to get done. Now to add all those ventilated undies to the list!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for a chuckle about the underwear to start my day.

    That quilt is amazing. The colors are so pretty and the stitching is so neat. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about the ventilated undies.

    Your quilt looks great. I love baptist fans. I'm sure the recipients will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of ventilated underwear.

    great quilt. I love the hand quilting.

    love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now that's a new way to describe holey undies....you made my morning! LOL The mini quilt is wonderful and I am sure your friends will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy making minis, and I love your quilt! I esp love that you quilted it free hand, wonderful!
    I hope you can get back to mending your undies soon :-)

    ReplyDelete