Sunday, September 13, 2009

Border #2 and done!

Woohooo! Yup..I am much happier with the plain borders. I am a sucker for a dark narrow border and then a second border. Never noticed that until now. I guess I like how the darker inner border frames the center. Anywho..here is the pic. Obviously I didn't get it written down yet, but I PROMISE to have that on here this week!If you click on the pic, you can get a little closer view of it.


Hannah is the happy recipient of this quilt..soon as I get it quilted that is! She picked out the blue fabric ages ago for me to use in her quilt. She really, really loves it!

8 comments:

  1. I love the borders, I don't think they can be any better. I, too, spent the better part of an hour ripping ( the border), but finally got the Turning Twenty top completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, nice job.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    take good care of your self!

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely -it turned out so great and I love the loops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great. I too love a dark inner border .... give the eye a place to rest esepcially when using lots of fabrics. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job, I see too many borders that are more work then the quilt center. I perfer simple lines- This looks like a fun project to do in scraps. I will add to my TO-DO list. cw

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way the border frames it; contains it. It looks great. Hope your head is better, I crashed heads with my dog (a bone-headed-literally-border collie)last week and my nose is still a bit sore. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice quilt, what a lucky recipient she will be,Thanks for sharing,Amy

    ReplyDelete