Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Thanks to all the many service men and women who do what they do! My hub is a veteran of the Navy so I know what military life can be like. We are lucky to have these men and women protecting us! I finished up another ufo yesterday. It is a wallhanging that just needed the applique to be stitched down and the binding put on. I cheated with this one and added the backing BEFORE I machine appliqued it, so that did the quilting for me! Here it is..waiting for me to handstitch the binding down tonight:
I also weeded the vegie garden and got more carrots, green beans and cukes planted. Then it was back to the sewing room and I got the fabric cut up for a graduation gift for Hannah's best friend and also started piecing a backing for a quilt for my niece's wedding...in 3 weeks! Then it was time to hang with the kiddos while hub was at a golf tournament. Nice day! Today I am not sure what is in store. I need to get to the store to buy a birthday gift for my best friend and we have a picnic at 3. What happens in between there is anyone's guess! Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I would call that cheating. It seems to me you are making economical use of your sewing time.

    Very cute!

    I am curious about the backing. I tend to use fabrics I no longer like as the back for wall hangings and table runners. Do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am IN LOVE with this wallhanging! And I'm a huge fan of doing the 'appliquilt' method. :) Do you mind sharing the name of the pattern? Your Chunky Churn Dash as awesome too.

    ReplyDelete