Sunday, September 15, 2013

Quiltalong part 2

Well, Shellie came over and we got a LOT of work done despite our chatting, snacking and a little imbibing!! My camera died so I didn't get a picture of the pillowcases we both made to donate. Sigh....next time! I did get a set of 10 Christmas tree napkins made, thanks to Joanna!!!
My friend, Patrice, had gifted me, about a year ago, a block of the month pattern and material that she had started. I decided to dig that out and work on that as the colors would be perfect for a Wounded Warriors quilt. She had 6 blocks done and I made 2 more. Now, just 4 more to go then to get it set and finished!
Shellie made a few more blocks to add to some she already had and got this top all together!!
So, all in all, it was the perfect day! We got a lot accomplished, but better than that, we got to spend time with each other and we haven't gotten to do that in AGES! Hope everyone else had a great weekend! Thanks SO MUCH to our hostess, Hazel. Without you, none of this would have happened!!!

6 comments:

  1. You and Shelia were very productive. I love the Christmas napkins. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had all of the ingredients for a wonderful day. The napkins and Sheila's quilt top look great. I also love the Wounded Warrior blocks; such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, you got the pattern! Lots done and sharing of the fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you both had a great day. Friends, quilting, food and Christmas - it doesn't get much better does it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea so glad to see your posting today,finally! I love the folded napkins and I love Shellie's quilt. So pretty.
    I think those blocks will be perfect for a Wounded Warrior quilt.
    Retreat will be here soon-can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Less than 2 weeks to go!
    CathyG

    ReplyDelete