Saturday, September 26, 2009

Never ever get distracted while using your rotary cutter!!

Sigh..my intent was to follow all day long with the Mysteries for Relay myster quilt. I plan on making two twin size quilts along with the clues, but knew I would have to catch up since I just signed on last night. I was cutting the fabric this morning while watching the Gilmore Girls with my daughter. BIG MISTAKE. Never ever use a rotary cutter while distracted!!!! I managed to cut off the entire end of my finger from the middle of the nail down. A few hours at urgent care, 5 stitches and a 10 % chance of it reattaching and I am home. I am a diehard, tho. Soon as the painkillers kick in..I am persevering!! Will follow up with reports on where I am with the quilt and with the really disgusting looking, painful finger

9 comments:

  1. OMG!!! You should have put a warning on the post about the pictures!! Excuse me while I heave a little....

    :)

    Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me cringe to look at the pictures! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man....that looks so bad I'm ready to throw up....yuck. I"m glad you got it stitched back on....I hope it all works out.

    If it doesn't work out....you'll have to put an applique over it!! LOL

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry for you!I pray that finger will heal right up!(Had it been me instead of you, I would have fainted on the spot!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my!! made me cringe at the thought.My finger is throbbing just looking at it. I do hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks for stopping by the Expo, hope you found some cool sites to bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeeek... I would have prolly fainted. hope it heals up SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visuals... UGH. Nothing like a gruesome reminder of what NOT to do. Hope you are feeling better. It might cut down on your typing speed and quilting speed! Take care girl. And share some blocks when you get them put together. B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Pray your finger is much better now.....it really looks bad in that pic....DH looked over my shoulder...said it makes his hurt just looking at it.
    Prayers, Bo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete