Saturday, March 19, 2011

A finish and some news

First, I haven't had much time in the sewing room, but I did finish quilting Trees of Life by Edyta Sitar. I can't tell you how much I love this pattern! Still have to handsew the binding to the back so it looks crowded on the edges. Also, it was wiiiindy outside, so the side that looks bowed is only windblown! lol



The news is that my 17 yr old son, Joe, broke his ankle Thursday night. Not only did he break it, but he shredded the tendon in there, too. So, surgery is for this coming Thursday to put a plate/pins in the bone and to repair the tendon. Poor kid. Not a good thing at the end of your senior year! He also has his 18th birthday in 2 weeks. Well, it could always be worse. Please send your prayers for a speedy recovery!!

I have managed to also make a few test blocks, but of course, can't show them yet. I think we are just about wrapping those up so as soon as the magazine is out, I can finally share these gorgeous blocks!

Not sure how much sewing time I am going to have. Taking care of Patrick generally takes up a lot of my time, but now I have 2 kiddos to take care of everything for. Sigh...so sorry my son is hurting, but sooooo nice to have someone to take care of!!!

6 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great! Congrats on the finish and hope Joe is able to get to Thursday w/out too much pain, then recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Hope Joe heals quickly and with no complications! Those kids are lucky with a Mom like you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your son. I hope he is soon back on his feet again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is just awesome. Every time you show one of your completed quilts I think it's my favorite but this one really is.

    I'm so sorry that Joseph injured himself. Yound people heal quickly so hope that is the case with him. I'll be saying prayers for both of you. He for the pain and you for being his caregiver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your quilt is awesome. I love the tree of life pattern. One of these days I will try one. In the meantime I'll drool over yours. You've been a busy woman while I was behind on reading blogs. Here's hoping Joe's surgery goes well and Mama caretaker can get a few minutes for herself. It's too bad this happened to him when he is so young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt...but then I love all your quilts....
    I am sorry to hear about your son's ankle....Bless his Heart....He is in my Prayers...it really isn't the best of times for a broken ankle.....
    Prayers, Bo

    ReplyDelete