Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Simple Man's Christmas is done!

Today I finished quilting up the borders and got the binding machine attached. Tonight I will handsew the binding while watching the boob tube. Here it is:
I did the borders with alternating holly and Christmas trees:
I will have to wait until I can take a pic in the daylight to show you how cool the back looks with the red thread on the green back. Thanks so much to Sue and Cathy for hosting the quiltalong! I wouldn't have gotten as much done or met as many nice ladies if it weren't for you two!! Today I also got a ton of laundry done and made 2 lasagnes, a shepherd's pie, made and canned 7 quarts of meatball soup and made and canned 7 quarts of chili. Been a productive day and I can't wait to just sit and relax tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. Pheww, I'm tired after just reading about what you achieved in just one day.

    The quilt looks great. I love the way you did the borders.

    ReplyDelete