Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Geese Crossing is done...Hallelujah!!!

This past Saturday, I started quilting Geese Crossing. I got it about 3/4 done, but was sick, so slept the rest of the day away. Today, I got it finished up and the binding machine stitched on. This has been a full year sitting and waiting to be quilted and finished up! What a sense of relief and accomplishment it is to have it done!! It really was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be to quilt it. Tonight I will get the binding hand stitched on and a hanging sleeve put on it. The quilt store that wants me to teach this quilt at would like to hang the quilt asap. I still am undecided about whether I will teach this class or not. Not going to think about that tonight. I am just going to enjoy this finish! Hannah took some pics of it for me, so here are a few:
Now to write up the directions for it in case I do teach it. Oh..and of course, more projects to finish up!!

8 comments:

  1. Im so glad you finished this one. It is amazing. Yes you should teach it or plainly make it a pattern to sell as well. It is absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know if you do teach it - and when and where - I'd take this class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that quilt. I might take that class (and I seldom take classes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a nice quilt. I like the red stitches on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your beautiful quilt's finish! It looks so pretty... Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first time to view your blog. Your flying geese quilt caught my eye. That's a lot of flying geese. And then you're quilting it on your home machine. You are indeed brave enough to teach this class. Great quilt!! Stephani in TX (Tomazec@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BEAUTIFUL quilt! Great job!
    xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete