Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First March UFO finish!


I just finished the hand sewing on the binding on my Scrappy Mountains quilt. This is definitely my favorite of the quilts I have made. I wish you could see this one in real life. The colors are so much more vibrant. It is the biggest one to date for me, also. It is 85 x 93. Now I have to decide what to do with it. I have 2 people who have expressed an interest in buying it, but I have no idea what to price it at. The other option is to gift it or donate it. My gut says to gift it to my daughter and her husband, but it is also big enough for my 2 oldest sons who are both over 6 feet tall. Sigh...decisions..decisions.
Well, tomorrow will be pinning my friend's quilt and then starting to quilt it. Not sure what is next on the agenda..I just know I am going to keep up this pace until I get more of these UFO's done!!

6 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! And I say if it is your favorite, then keep it in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - I would keep this in the family, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!! I would also keep it in the family! Congrats on another finish!! You are just rockin' our UFO challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. A wonderful pattern. Make another then both boys can have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that is one beautiful quilt. Pat yourself on the back -- well done! And, I actually like those bright (bring on the sun glasses) type of quilts. Are you doing the next mystery? I'm still deciding. B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep in the family, sometimes you just have to have one of your own around. The hard decision will be deciding which of them should you share it with.

    ReplyDelete