Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday plans

Patrick has a nasty head cold so we are in for the weekend. I did the grocery shopping yesterday, so that means at some point I need to do the cooking for the month..probably tomorrow. Today is going to be a sewing/cleaning day in between caring for Patrick, aka BoogSchnoogler. Here is my list of what I want to get done today in the sewing area:

1) finish up Christmas tree skirt binding
2) sandwich and quilt Christmas ornament table runner
3) finish up Chunky Churndash quilt top (made a nice dent in making the churndash blocks at last weekend's retreat)
4) sandwich and quilt wallhanging made last weekend at retreat featuring shared batiks
5) introduce you all to a very dear friend of mine

Of course the list could go on and on..I have 2 other quilts all sandwiched and ready to quilt, but boy, would I be thrilled if I can even get these done! What is on your project list this weekend?

PS. I did finish my Stars in Plain Sight quilt. This one was a lot of fun for me as I did the quilting with a freehand fmq baptist fan design. I know it isn't a big deal for those of you that fmq, but I am still so new to it, that this was really pushing the limits for me and I love how it turned out!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Reenie, that fan is gorgeous. You did a great job...wow. You never cease to amaze me.
    I want to work on mystery, finish fmq 30's, finish doll quilts, work on fall quilt from retreat, and hearts block top. Yeah...a dent it all that would thrill me. I need a binding project to do while my parents are in town. They come Tues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Patrick is feeling better soon, my Jack has a cold too :( the fans and stars look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt...and the quilting!! Baptist fans are very ambitious and I think you did a great job ;-D I'm also working on a "to do" list--hope you get yours finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for link to your log cabin quilt....that sealed the deal--log cabin it is!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is beautiful and the combination of colors is perfect. I love the baptist fans and yours look great.

    Hope Patrick feels better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt! I hope Patrick is doing better today!

    ReplyDelete