Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ta-da!!!!!!

I took last night off of quilting as I needed a mental health day away from this quilt!! I was worried that it would put me so far behind that I wouldn't be able to catch up, but I really need to give my hands and elbows a break. Today when I started back at it, everything went wrong. Tension was off, needles broke, phone kept ringing and then BAM!!..it all fell into place. I just finished quilting it! Now, tomorrow night I will put the binding on it and it is complete. 6 days from start to finish. Next time I decide to make an entire quilt in a week, someone slap me...PLEASE!! lol The good news is that it is done (well, almost), I lived to tell about it, and it will be my second UFO complete for 2010. I know it isn't really a UFO, but I included it on my list because I knew I had such a short completion time. It still counts, doesn't it??
My inlaws, Pete and Bev, built a beautiful log home years ago and sold it last year as it just got to be too much for them with all the land. They have built a nice little ranch house that is just perfect for them at this time in their lives. The log cabin had a long, long winding driveway and at the end of the driveway near the house, Pete had a sign up that said "Pete and Bev's Hideaway". In memory of that log cabin and that sign, I hereby christen this quilt "Pete and Bev's Hideaway". Here is a picture of it sans binding:

Off to bed now. Hope everyone is making progress on their projects!

10 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this quilt Maureen! It gives me such a warm and cozy feeling to look at it.
    ~Quilt_nut~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. I am sure they will absolutely adore it. What a special link to the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quilt story.....love love love it. So will they.. Congrats and it couldnt have turned out better. Youve got skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it love it love it! Lucky inlaws!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am so impressed, Shellie said it right you've got MAD skill! I bought the fabric for the block exchange (Marie's site) due in March. As I am new to quilting I tried the Mended Hearts block and it worked fine for me. Sandra J Summerville, SC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw it on HT...it is Beautiful........I am happy for you that you are about finished...they are going to LOVE IT...
    Prayers, Bo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love it! If I can make a log cabin even half as pretty as this one I'll be really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful quilt, Reenie! I even showed it to my husband and he loved it. It is perfection.

    Love,

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I guess your adrenaline helped you get this quilt finished in time :)

    ReplyDelete