Saturday, February 5, 2011

Holy moly...

...has it really been two weeks since I posted? What a slacker! Unfortunately, you really haven't missed much. I have only been working on a few things and didn't get much done on them. I made the second batch of test blocks for 100 blocks magazine, I made a table runner with Shelly last Saturday ( and broke my no buying rule and went fabric shopping with her!), I made a couple new blocks to go into my Folk Art Tribute quilt and that is about it.

Today is the Christmas quiltalong. I have a table runner to quilt up and I am not sure what else I will work on. There is a block of the month quilt that Sue is doing for the quiltalong. I may just have to cut some fabric and join along in that, also.

I still have so many projects partially done. Sighhhhhhhhhhh...I HATE that! I think this will be the weekend where I try to put a big dent in them and get some stuff DONE. It will be hard, though, to finish and not START anything else!!

Oh, yeah...the house is in desperate need of cleaning, also. Guess I will have to fit that in there somewhere.

Check back later for updates and pics. I am determined to have LOTS to show you!!

Frugal tip: Have a book party! Invite a bunch of your favorite people over, everyone brings a munchie and something to drink..and their used books. Trade books, eat well and spend some great time with friends. Everyone goes home with good new books to read, a full belly and a great memory!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting. Sounds like you have lots of projects going. Hope you'll share pictures when you finish them. I love seeing the amazing quilts you make. Have a great weekend. We're getting snow again today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the book party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the book party? I cant wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the book party idea, I should have the quilt group do that for my B-day and I will just keep all the books! just kidding- or maybe not

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book part idea, I say May might be a great time to have a Book Party!!! Glad that you posted today. Have a great day sewing!!! Cleaning can wait. Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  6. We missed you today! I have a whole box of quilt magazines I sent home with Shellie - make sure she shares them with you!!! Great inspirations - and all FREE!!!! Just passing them along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, the Christmas Quiltalong is not until next Saturday, 12 Feb. I bet you thought we were all quiet didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book party is a great frugal tip. Enjoying seeing all your quilts here and elsewhere. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete