Monday, March 1, 2010

Quilts for Kids

I signed up for the Downy Quilts for Kids program and look what I got in the mail!

Isn't that the cutest fabric ever? These quilts are donated to kids in the hospital to cheer them up and this quilt will definitely put a smile on some child's face! Having a son who has has many, many surgeries and spent many times in the hospital, I know how much something like this can mean. And come on...can the organization make this any easier?? They send you all the fabric you need, (all of it is precut even!!) and the directions and a tag for you to add on to it. The only thing you provide is the batting and the time and love. What a bargain. Please think about helping out. Even one quilt is one more child snuggled in love!!

3 comments:

  1. your kit fabric is too cute! love those colors! ;) you will have so much fun making this up and the top goes together so fast! ;)

    I posted a video on my blog recently about Downy's Touch of Comfort - and it's very inspiring... take a look! and share on your blog too if you'd like! ;)
    if you need help posting it - just ask and I can help. ;)
    http://bingobonnie.blogspot.com/2010/02/downys-touch-of-comfort.html

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea. I will look into it. Those fabrics will make a nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up with Quilts For Kids too, this past Monday. I can't wait to get my kit.

    ReplyDelete