Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sigh..weekend over

Where did it go? I swear it just started about an hour ago. This weekend just sped by. I didn't get nearly as much sewing done as I would have liked, but I did get a lot accomplished and I am pretty pleased with the whole weekend. I did get 48 of my smiley nine patches done and one set in it's final resting place yesterday. Today I promised myself I was going to get some housework done first, then reward myself with more sewing time. Well, you know how it goes. I started in the kitchen and barely left it all day! I ended up doing a MAJOR cleaning..you know..the kind that includes scrubbing the ceilings and walls, moving the fridge and stove and cleaning under them, cleaning IN them both, cleaning out all the cupboards, scrubbing and buffing the floors, taking out all the glassware in the open cabinets and scrubbing them up good, etc. The kids were fabulous, too. Patrick supervised me all day and Joe and Hannah cleaned the bathrooms, the family room (including steam cleaning the carpet), scrubbing the stairs, picking up their rooms and the living room, etc. Add in to that the 800 loads of laundry I swear I did today and I called it quits for the day. After that, it was off to my sis in law, Tammy's, for haircuts. Her hub, Paul, invited us to dinner, so after the haircuts we all had some yuuuuuummmmmmy beef soup and bread, a few glasses of wine and back home by 9. Remembering my sewing reward time, I planned on setting some more 9 patches in their new home, but that infamous guilt got a hold of me when I saw the 2 quilt sandwiches waiting to be quilted (next to the bigger pile of quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched!). So, I put my buddies...the boys from Creedence Clearwater Revival playing on the cd player and I got one of the quilt sandwiches all set and got about 1/4 of it quilted. I have to say..I know how to get myself moving on these UFO's. Having them all sandwiched and ready to be quilted really makes a difference for me. I think that is going to be my goal for next weekend...sandwiching up all the tops!! Well, that is it for me for tonight. Now I am off to a bath and book and then bed. Hope everyone had as enjoyable a weekend as I did!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your kitchen should be good for a while now so you have more time for sewing! Way to go on the UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre awesome Maureen!!! I got a little accomplished this weekend. Enjoyed the sunshine on Sunday and had to run for a different thread to try tonight. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete