Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Getting ready for a retreat

Yay! I will be leaving this Friday for a retreat with my fellow Cobbled Court Quilters online group! We all met on author Marie Bostwick's web site. We started with a love of Marie's books, did a few swaps together and last year we had our first retreat with Marie in Connecticut. It worked out so wonderfully that we are doing it again! Marie is a wonderful hostess, showing us around the town her books are based in, sharing herself, signing our books and then just plunking down with the rest of us for some laughing, eating, drinking and sewing! We had 17 of us last year, and I believe we are up to 22 this year!! Tonight I was doing some of the odds and ends to get ready. I made a pillowcase:
We will all make a pillowcase or two and then we donate them to a woman's shelter there. I also made a Jack in the Box block..thanks to Marge and Delaware quilts for so generously allowing us to use your pattern!!:
We are making these blocks and you get one entry for each block you make. I will pull a name and the winner gets to bring all the lovely blocks home! We are all using the same color scheme, so this is going to make a great red white and blue quilt!! I have a bunch of other odds and ends to do to get ready but thought I would share what I have gotten done so far. The hardest thing is going to pick what project(s) I want to bring along. HELP!! lol

4 comments:

  1. I am so envious. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you counting the hours yet? Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOHHH a retreat... I have so much fun at the two retreats I go to each year. Big hint --- don't bring a complicated project. It is so much fun to chat and sew and you don't want to make mistakes. I've finally learned that! So, easy piecing is the way to go. Elaine Adair who has been sharing her reconstructed log cabin at quiltville talked herself into making another for just that reason... easy, no brainer. I may have to try one myself one of these days. Have fun. B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time ahead!! I have her books, but have not read any of them yet. Will have to check out her website. Have a great time and will be looking forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete