Saturday, January 1, 2011

Back to work

Well, I think I have around 600 flying geese made. Whew. That is a LOT of flying geese!! I laid them out tonight with the string blocks to see if I still like the two of them together. Here is what I did so far:



Still not sure this is how it is going to turn out. Definitely going to keep playing with these blocks. What do you guys think?

Almost done with Pinwheel Party. I have all the blocks made and all the sashing pieces, now just to put them together. I have tomorrow off, so I think I might just ignore the whispers that the house is making to me to clean it and might just have my own sew in. I NEED some sewing time. Funny how just sitting and stitching can calm the nerves and keep the world at bay. I have really enjoyed the hand quilting I have been doing in the evenings, but if I want to get finish up some of these other projects, I have to return to the sewing machine. Wish me luck and will send some updates as I accomplish some things!!

9 comments:

  1. I think you've made great progress! I like the blocks but wonder what would happen if you turned the flying geese the other way or in one block/out the next. Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this - wonder how that center square that is empty now will change the impact of the strings and/or the gees. Keep playing -it's looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and can't wait to see it all put together. I would take some time for sewing. Like my son told me once when he wanted me to play outside with him and I told him I needed to clean house. He said "mom if you clean it today it will just get dirty again". lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good I think. I love how the geese break up the string blocks and make them stand out somehow.

    As for sewing, I have just waved goodbye to the last of the visitors and really WANT to sew, but I have to straighten the house up first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of playing with the geese-and it took me a bit of time to realize that the centers were your floor showing through-lol.

    I would say-go sew tomorrow.The house will still be there as will work. Sewing while everyone is in school is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it !! I am I say go sew all day!! Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Your own design too...pat on back.
    I like the brown floor squares too...lol. I will sew tomorrow too and take down decorations. I need some good sew n sew (rnr).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this top!
    I am not normally a fan of strings BUT, these look so great, who knows I may have a new TO DO! cw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this string quilt -- Is this your pattern? I love string blocks and the unlimited use of them.

    ReplyDelete