Sunday, May 23, 2010

Finally back to sewing!

Boy, was this visit to my sewing room long overdue!! I finished up the pieces I needed for the quilt I had in mind (you will see later in the post that I apparently miscalculated) and then had the long process of laying them out. I didn't sew the pieces into blocks yet as I am not sure this is what I want to do with them. It looked fabulous in my head, now I am not so sure! lol It is a busy quilt, but I think with the borders on, it will tame down a bit. It is all done just with scraps, so I am not too worried if I don't use them for this. I have tons of patterns that use hst's, so I am sure I will find them a home, if not set this way. I think I am liking this, but will have to take a day or two of looking at it to decide. What do you think?





Don't mind the "bald spots" in the quilt. I will be cutting out those pieces soon!

2 comments:

  1. I bet you still have a lot of stash.... didnt make a dent did it??? nope.
    Love it.
    Sashing may tone it down but what a fun pattern and in your head... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! Sew away!

    ReplyDelete