Sunday, May 18, 2014

Making some progress

I dropped everything when Bonnie Hunter posted about a tutorial she found showcasing these little, wonderful scrappy stars. I needed a baby quilt and these would be just perfect for a little guy who wears lots of plaid shirts. This is how the quilt top turned out:
I'll have to see if I can find the link again for the pattern, but I'm sure you can do a search at Quiltville's Quips and Snips and find it. I just love how it turned out and can't wait to quilt it, but wait I must. I was having some major problems with my Janome so hub took it apart to fix it and we had to wait forever for a part to come in. It's in now, so hopefully he'll get my girl all put back together! I also have been making some progress on my hst quilt. This quilt took over 2200 hst's! I started making them as leaders and enders while making my Celtic Solstice, so it really wasn't too hard to get them done. Here they are getting made into a top:
Yup! It's an Ocean Waves. I've always loved these quilts and this one is turning out just like I envisioned it. The hst's finish at 1 and 1/2 inches. Doesn't look like there will be any sewing today. It is sunny and glorious out and there are weeds that need pulling!!

4 comments:

  1. Two beautiful projects. I don't know if I'd have the patience for all of those hst's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both beautiful quilts, but the Ocean Waves is particularly stunning I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts. I couldn't find that pattern using the name you called it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is turning out great!

    ReplyDelete