Saturday, April 5, 2014

Is it really April?

Holy moly! Where did the time go? There haven't been any posts in ages because I hadn't really done any sewing. I finally got back into the sewing room and got some things done. I finally got my Celtic Solstice top all together! I made the king size which I believe is 114" x 114". All made out of scraps, yet didn't seem to make a dent in the scrap pile!! Kathy Nyman, one of my Cobbled Court Quilt sisters, runs a ufo challenge on Marie Bostwick's Cobbled Court face book page. I pulled a block swap top from years ago out and started quilting that, but it's not completed yet. I want to do some more intensive quilting this year, and since I am keeping this one for myself, I figured it was a good one to experiment on. Here it is so far: I'm hoping to have it completed by the end of the week so I can cross it off my list!! I did finish another ufo. This one was a Mysteries for Relay pattern designed by Marge Gordon. Love this one!! Completed it and gave it to my son, Joe, for his 21 birthday this past Tuesday. I also made over 2400 half square triangles for my next quilt. Can't wait to get that started!!! As usual, now that I have finished a ufo, it has really motivated me to finish up some more. Hopefully, I won't lose any momentum!

4 comments:

  1. All lovely as always! - your colors in your Celtic Solstice are WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back. Your Celtic Solstice quilt is huge, and it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Nice eye candy today. I've been trying to finish some mystery for relay quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Quiltfriend! Sooo many wonderful quilts you have done. Fantastic job! Lovely to see how many creative people we have in our world. I have a blog too,so if you want to take a look the address is here;
    www.quiltarkatt.blogspot.se Lots of greetings from Lena in Stockholm,Sweden.

    ReplyDelete