Saturday, May 14, 2011

May's Christmas Quilt Along

Yay!! It is here! The past week has been so nice here weather wise, that I have spent all my non work time planting the vegies and have done really no sewing. I have no idea what I am going to work on today, and I am afraid what I do decide won't be Christmasy. I have 3 blocks for Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine vol 4 to make, a couple blocks for a friend to make, my Delfina's Basket quilt to work on, and my Farm Animals quilt to finish quilting. I think I might compromise today...I haven't yet made any of the blocks for the Scatty Stars quilt, so maybe I will make the ones up to now and then work on quilting Farm Animals. I am really feeling very stressed over getting some of the ufo's done. Sigh..I hate that. Don't know why I let myself get this way. The Farm Animal quilt isn't going to anyone so why do I feel like I HAVE to get it done RIGHT NOW?
If you feel like joining us for the quilt along..and I hope you do...just click on the link on the right side of the page. It will be fun to work with you!

While I decide on what to work on, here are some pics of the blocks I tested for vol 3 of 100 blocks:












I am not thrilled with my color choices but oh, well. Some of these blocks I would never make on my own, but it is fun to get a chance to try things I normally wouldn't. Well, off to decide what to work on. Post again soon!

3 comments:

  1. I like the second and third blocks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some great blocks there. As for not working on something Christmassy, whatever you chose will be really. It's part of your Christmas present to yourself to get one of these projects done so it doesn't stress you out any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have really been busy.

    ReplyDelete