Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Feeling like...you know what...

The only bad thing I can say about my grandson, Jaxson, is that it seems every time he comes to visit us, he brings some kind of germs that infect half the family. I'm guessing it's just a cold that has moved into my lungs or something and I feel yuckkkkky. So, I took the day off of work and can't even enjoy it as it takes too much effort to hold my head up. Heading back to bed in a minute after dosing myself up with cold medicine. I am hoping to be able to work on some handwork later and I dug out my hexies to work on. I decided I didn't like the outer border I had on the center:
So, I took that off and am now making a red ring to go around it:
I think I like this much better. I did get the bow tie top all done:
Nothing fancy or exciting, but I like it and think it will go on my kitchen table when I get it quilted. Now, off to rest up so I can shake this stinking bug!!

9 comments:

  1. Loving the red ring. Hope you feel better soon. (I agree about grandchildren - I catch everything)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I do like the red ring better. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the red ring works brilliantly with the rest. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I see you sew the "La Passion". Your version looks fantastic. You are a Facebook member? I have a group with La Passion sewer.
    Greetings from Germany, Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better. Your bow tie quilt is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I give you credit - it would have killed me to rip out all of those blue hexies, but your red is looking lovely. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete