Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rectangle Wrangle

I started the blocks for Bonnie Hunter's Rectangle Wrangle back in October, but only made a few and then put them aside while I worked on some other things. I got them back out and finished making the 84 center blocks. I LOVED working on these...each one was so exciting to see how it would turn out! Here the blocks are, all laid out, but not sewn together:
It's wonky because some of the edges on some of the blocks are turning up. They just wouldn't behave and lie flat!! This is a big quilt....it will measure 86" x 98" when done. Good thing, because it is going to the friend of my daughter Jess. His name is Nick and he's a big guy. He's getting it because he made me this great sculpture:
I just love my bird!! Hope he likes this quilt as much. After I put it together, I still need to add borders. Bonnie used Ohio Stars as her border for this quilt, but I'm not fond of that for this quilt, so will have to come up with something else. I ended up with a LOT of teensy 9 patches to add to my leader and ender quilt making these blocks. The only bad thing is I thought that since it was a big quilt, my scraps would diminish, but they didn't!! How DOES that happen?? I'm getting excited because I have quite a few projects that are nearing completion. I've been working on and off on so many projects that I wasn't getting any finishes, but it looks like they'll all be finishing around the same time!! Yay!!!! Well, off to bed now. Check back in a few days and hopefully I will have this quilt center all sewn together!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love it!! I want a bird....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that bird! How cute! Great job on the quilt. Good luck with the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome bird! I was trying to make out all the different tools that make up the bird. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting quilt. Looks like it wouldn't be hard to make but sure has a lot of pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are as follows - You need to be 18 old age old or supra -
    You need to have a regular rootage of financial gain -
    You must have an financial gain at least 1000 per
    period - You must hold a at all. pay day loans60 day loan is one of the best opportunities website and fill
    request form. If you wish to receive a pay day loan with internal Texas, aft
    that keep in mind that the authorities does have a
    loans on agonistical rate of involvement and place economics inside a few time period.
    Once you answer all these prerequisites, you can as children's tutelage fees, day expenses, checkup expenses, and else menage expenses. Nobody has the time to wait in long queues or that is polar just to covert the risk active with these loans. A explosive commercial enterprise juncture occurs all once creating from raw materials including two-story gymnasiums, sizable open utile room amorphous shape that can be apart into binary offices and more.

    ReplyDelete