Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Meet "the Fudd"



I know..horrible picture but Hannah has the camera so I took this one with the cell phone. This is my favorite coat in the world. It is a small men's hunting jacket that I bought at Goodwill years ago. It is soooooooo warm. Yes...all make fun of me in it. I am old, though, and don't care. The first time I wore it to work, my coworkers said I looked like I was going out after that "wascally wabbit". I looked like Elmer Fudd, apparently, so the coat was aptly named "the Fudd". Yes, you will find that people in my family often name inanimate objects. We have our tree, "the Fred", "the Fudd", etc..Does anyone else's family do this?? lol

Anywho, "the Fudd" is back and out in his full glory thanks to the cold weather and I am glad to be wrapped up in the arms of my friend again!

5 comments:

  1. when I first met you, you were wearing "the Fudd" and to be honest I had jacket envy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maureen I love it!! Its you!!! Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fudd looks wonderful, I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly like a jacket Grampy had when I first met him. He wore it all the time. I patched the elbows, put a new zipper in it and even turned the collar. He finally disposed of it about ten years ago. If I could find one like it I'd certainly wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DH has one - he calls his "yooper jacket". His explanation is that they were commonly worn by the citizens of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where he spent a lot of his child hood and college years. UP natives are called Yoopers. His also came from Goodwill.
    Pamela in SOMD

    ReplyDelete